my 4 year old son had a "fingerstick" blood test which showed a hemoglobin count of below 9 (dr. didn't tell me number, but it's somewhere between 8-9 from what i understand). he's going for lab work tomorrow. i'm terrified. his last fingerstick 6 months

45 years experience Pediatrics
Common: Screening tests are designed to narrow down the population that actually gets a more expensive and more accurate test. A low hemoglobin can be caused by many things, including an error in testing.More than 95% of the causes are relatively easy to fix. I would relax and get it done as scheduled.
Answered on Apr 24, 2016
1