my doctor told me my creatinine level is too high and we should decrease the prograf dose. what problem can a high creatine level cause?

Dr. Donald Steinmuller
33 years experience Nephrology and Dialysis
Creatinine elevation: Creatinine, produced by muscle cells,is not toxic. The level in blood is a marker of kidney function. Increased level usually indicates reduced kidney function. Prograf is an extremely important medication for transplant patients to prevent immune rejection but can cause toxicity to kidneys. The dose has to be adjusted within a very narrow range to try to prevent both rejection and kidney injury.
Answered on Jul 25, 2018
2