I have had fatigue for over a year and some muscle loss. A recent blood test showed Sodium 141, Bicarb 22, Chloride 99. These were reported as within range. I calculate the Anion Gap to be 20, lab range 8-16. This indicates Acidosis. Is it possible t

Dr. Christine Hom
29 years experience in Pediatrics
Blood tests: There are a few diseases that leap out from blood tests. Most of the time, however, blood tests don't tell the doctor much on their own. These results fall into the second group, not very specific. Acid balance in particular can change in minutes to hours.
Answered on Jul 31, 2018
1