TX

I'm hurting under my left shoulder blade when i cough, sneeze, yawn , take a deep breath, or laugh sitting up or leaning forward does help?

Dr. Rowlin Lichter
Orthopedic Surgery 73 years experience
Pleuritis: Unless you have a rare deformity of the underside of the scapula, the best bet is pleurisy. The lining of the lung is separated from the moving tissue by a fluid that occasionally is lacking in one spot and gets stuck. The irritation can persist and rarely requires medical help. Almost always you can wait and see if it is a transient and intermittant irritation.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 18, 2021