MD

I have one bump on my upper lip! it has been there for 3 to 4 days! it came to a head and i popped it!! now it is a flat hard spot! it does itch so i assumed it was a cold sore but it's not a blister or a cluster just one bump??

Dr. Richard Zimon
Sounds like you: may have a MUCOCOELE a small mucous containing cyst which originates on the line joining your lip tissue and your skin! It should slowly resolve but if persists ask your Dentist for a referral to an oral/plastic surgeon for excision! Hope this helps! Dr Z
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 9, 2016