A member asked:

People that are bipolar and think that they are acting normal see no need for medical attention. how do you get them to an md when they don't want to?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Pacita David answered

Specializes in Psychiatry

You can't: It appears that you are in the unfortunate situation of dealing with someone who is unable to appreciate the consequences of his/her untreated condition. Enlisting trusted family and friends to encourage and assist in seeking help would be ideal. However, if you feel that this person is in imminent danger of hurting himself/herself or others, call 911 to help bring him/her the ED for assessment.

Answered 1/5/2016



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question