A member asked:

What i meant was what about if co2 is being given off in my house?

9 doctors weighed in across 4 answers

Not a problem: CO2 is the end point of natural metabolism and is given off by your breathing and any plants in your house. The amount of CO2 is not toxic in any way and will not harm you, your family, your pets or your plants.

Answered 12/25/2015

1.8k views

Thank

Carbon monoxide? : CO2 - carbon dioxide - would not a be a problem. But CO - carbon MONOXIDE - is life-threatening. If you suspect carbon monoxide, then have a specialist (say, a contractor for furnaces & heating/cooling units) to check for you. If you're having headaches & or nausea, then go to emergency department to get checked for CO poisoning. Hope that helps.

Answered 12/25/2015

1.8k views

Thank
Dr. Rebecca Gliksman answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

CO2: Is it CO2 which we make when we exhale or CO carbon monoxide a colorless, ordorless gas that is produced from combustion ( gas heat, gas stoves, cars) and can be fatal. The fire department can check if there is too much CO- you can also by monitors. if it is elevated must correct, as can die inadvertently from CO poisoning. Very serious emergency situation call 1 800 222-1222-poison control

Answered 1/7/2016

1.8k views

Thank

Gas: It is a very dangerous gas and poisonous .You should report it immediately

Answered 12/25/2015

1.8k views

Thank

Related Questions

A member asked:

What is a co2 angiogram?

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers

A member asked:

Elevated co2 in cbc?

A doctor has provided 1 answer

A member asked:

What happens if you breathe co2?

4 doctors weighed in across 2 answers

A member asked:

Is it possible to get CO2 POISONING?

6 doctors weighed in across 2 answers

A member asked:

How to correct co2 with TPN if co2 is low?

A doctor has provided 1 answer