Low Moor, VA

dr called with a "not 100% sure but positive you have lyme disease" diagnosis from bloodwork. how is this possible?

Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Infectious Disease 53 years experience
Difficult diagnosis: I agree that "not 100% sure" and "positive" are in conflict; you'll have to clarify with the doctor. However, diagnosing Lyme disease by blood test can be difficult; the available tests are notoriously unreliable. For these reasons, Lyme is often blamed for nonspecific sypmtoms caused by other things. Before getting into prolonged Rx, request consultation with an infectious disease specialist.