Surprise, AZ

My pilonidal cyst just popped at home, my partner helped drain it, i now feel like i'm going to faint and i'm sleepy. seek er attention immediately?

Dr. Chukwuka Okafor
Orthopedic Spine Surgery 18 years experience
Likely a vasovagal: response. But you can always call 911 or go to an ER if you ever feel you are experiencing a medical emergency. Typically, if one lances a pilonidal cyst -- other than the pain from the procedure, and the purulent drainage from it, if there is no significant bleeding -- all typically is fine, but when there is concern relating to your syncope; go to the ER, to ensure no heart attack, etc occurring
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Aug 23, 2016