Brazil

When i'm having an anxiety attack one of the only things that calm me down is listening to demi lovato's music and/or her voice. why?

Dr. Krishna Kumar
Anxiety: I commend you for making yourself calm during anxiety attack by listening to Demi Lovato's music. Enjoy her Album “Here We Go Again” Hum the tune; sing the song at home and in Parks. Feel Wonder of Iguazu Falls in your Country and be inspired by Flow, Energy and Music and compose a song. Do Breathing and Music Relaxation, Yoga, Meditation and Tai Chi See Psychiatrist for Therapy for Anxiety
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics 50 years experience
Operant conditioning: If listening to certain music positively reinforces your ability to self-calm during panic attacks, your brain increases circulating dopamine when you do, which helps you feel better. See a psychiatrist & a psychologist for evaluation & treatment of Panic Disorder. In Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy you'll learn quicker ways to self-calm without an auditory prompt. Adjunctive medications may help.
Dr. Steven Griggs
Clinical Psychology 39 years experience
I don't know but: I'll add this to my arsenal of tricks. One therapy strategy for anxiety is to learn to verbalize your feelings and assert your individuality. I just listened to the itunes sampler of Demi's "Camp Rock" album (Disney sound track). Listen to the song, "This is Me." Nice rhythm and message--good for de-focusing on anxiety and powering up your self-esteem. Strong selves deal better with all.
Dr. Krishna Kumar
Thank You for Sharing your Experience!
Dec 20, 2015

Last updated Nov 28, 2017