is it ok to occas.get acid reflux while on nexium (esomeprazole) 2x a day? had to stop 5days for antibiotic now it's back. lots of anxiety was told barretts.scared

Dr. Andrew Seibert
34 years experience Gastroenterology
GERD: If your Nexium (esomeprazole) is controlling your Gerd, but you have to stop it temporarily, it is expected that your GERD will become more symptomatic. In that case, going back on the Nexium (esomeprazole) will usually bring the symptoms back under control. You could try adding in antacids such as Tums on an as-needed basis temporarily. Be sure to follow anti-reflux precautions. Good luck.
Answered on Dec 16, 2015
1
1
Dr. Andrew Seibert
34 years experience Gastroenterology
Provided original answer
If you're worried about your Barrett's and desire further consultation about it, I can be consulted directly using HealthTap Concierge at www.healthtap.com/drandrewseibert.
Dec 15, 2015