Canada

can you have acid regurgitate without heart burn with gerd flare up. no signs of a cold, just bringing up white sour phlegm. diagnosed with gerd 4 years ago, tried nexium but never helped. reflux left on its own. now had anxiety, got pantazol?

Dr. Akbar Zikria
Yes you can...: You can definitely have acid reflux or regurgitation without heartburn symptoms. Medications like Nexium (esomeprazole) may or may not work depending on the strength and frequency that you are taking. Certain foods can cause these symptoms (i.e. caffeine, spicy foods, fatty foods, large meals, alcohol) as well as smoking tobacco. The other issue may be a hiatal hernia which you may discuss with your primary doc