hi! my 1 year old has rsv. she was prescribed albuterol via nebulizer. we have a humidifier with a little cup on the top for vicks liquid i believe, would it be possible to put the albuterol in the cup on her vaporizer to administer her night time treatme

2 doctor answers
Dr. Laura Anissian
No: That is not the same as a nebulizer so I would not advise that.
Answered on Dec 20, 2015
46 years experience Pediatrics
Not the same: The medication delivery system that comes with the nebulizer is designed to deliver a medicated mist at a specific strength over the treatment period, directly to the patient. Putting the med in the humidifier cup would sent more med to the room than the patient and be lost.
Answered on Mar 16, 2017