Knoxville, TN

painand knots/ swelling in abs/oblique in luq.what kind of dr do i see for this?my primary care gave me nsaids no relief in 4 months.ct&xray clear.

Dr. Cornelius Oleary
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
General Surgery: That is a good question. There are several doctors you could potentially see for this problem. The good news is that your CT scan and X-rays were normal. I would get a referral to a General Surgeon to take a look at the area if it is over your abdomen. There may be other imaging modalities your surgeon can use, such as ultrasound, to see if there is a muscle tear, or they may choose to do an MRI.

Last updated Mar 12, 2020