I still have some of my baby teeth and i am 22 years old, why?! do i go to the dentist? thanks

7 doctors weighed in across 5 answers
Dr. Arnold Malerman answered

Specializes in Orthodontics

Yes, & Orthodontist: Important that you see Dentist for regular preventive care. Important that you see Orthodontist to discuss repositioning teeth to create the best platform on which to do replacements. Baby molar's no same size as permanent premolars, and as a result occlusion can be adversely affected. Please see both General Dentist and fully qualified Orthodontic Specialist.

Answered 11/24/2015

1.9k views

Dr. Theodore Davantzis answered

Specializes in Dentistry

Yes, see a dentist: Let your dentist determine why you still have primary teeth and what treatment may be needed to bring your secondary teeth into position.

Answered 11/24/2015

1.9k views

Dr. Paul Grin answered

Specializes in Pain Management

Hypodontia: also called congenitally missing permanent teeth. See your dentist for evaluation, panoramic x-ray and treatment options (if needed).

Answered 11/24/2015

1.9k views

Dr. Ronald Hsu answered

Specializes in Pediatric Dentistry

No permanents, or...: The permanent teeth might be impacted. But most likely it would be because the permanent replacements were never made. A panoramic x-ray image would be able to show what you have and don't have, and your dentist can go over options with you. Interestingly, research has shown that folks who can keep their baby teeth past 20 years old have very high chance to be able to keep them for many decades

Answered 3/7/2016

1.8k views

Dr. Justin Nelson answered

Specializes in Pediatric Dentistry

For questions sure: Just because you still have some baby teeth does not mean its bad. Lots of people still have baby teeth but I always make time to educate my patients about these guys and possible risks in the future. So in general if they are working just fine then you leave them as they are.

Answered 3/7/2016

1.6k views