when walking on rocks when it is cold outside my feet begin itching and hard to get them to stop. this seems to also trigger the palms of my hands and my arms. this goes on for days. what might be causing it? no swelling just insatiable itching.

Dr. Robert Sterling
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
AnItchInTimeSaves9: Stick with me here: There's something called 'cold-induced urticaria,' which means something cold can cause hives,like sometimes exposure to cold can kick-off and asthma attack.Well,you don't have hives but you do have the itch, so try some Benadryl(no Rx needed)and see if that helps. In fact, take it before you go out into the cold. If that doesn't work then you'll need to see a doctor for tests
Answered on Apr 14, 2016