PA

I rolled my ankle and the outer side of my foot hurts. the ankle is stiff, swollen and brusied. could i have torn a tendon because theres a sharp pain

Dr. Alec Hochstein
Podiatry 24 years experience
Ankle Sprain: Well you have suffered one of the most common foot and ankle injuries. Certainly you may have some tendon/ligament injury. In addition if the pain is localized and sharp on the outside of the foot, you must have an X-ray taken because there are many other injuries that could occur, on could be a fracture of the base of the 5ht metatarsal called an avulsion fracture (This is quite common) Good Luck

Last updated Jul 28, 2019