FL

I have bone on bone knee arthritis. i feel september 18th 4 days prior to total knee replacement. i fractured my femur neck. how longbefore i'm walkin?

Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery 29 years experience
Varies: It varies based upon the type of femoral neck fracture you had and type of surgery used to fix it. For example, in a displaced femoral neck fracture we often do a cemented hemi arthriplastyband you can begin walking on it that day. In a fracture fixed with screws, weight bearing is based in part on the quality of bone purchase noted intra operatively. Discuss with your surgeon.

Last updated Nov 11, 2015