I had a fractured femur/tibia.it healed .now i have presure/pain in my knee with pain going up my thigh 3 months i have ignored this. what should i do?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Thomas Dowling answered

Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery

Do not ignore this as you may not be fully healed. See your orthopedic surgeon and tell him your symptoms .It could also be an issue within the knee itself. It could even be a blood clot known as a DVT or deep venous thrombosis which a piece could travel to the lungs becoming a pulmonary embolus.

Answered Jun 10, 2014

5.5k views

Dr. John Goldman answered

Specializes in Rheumatology

It may or may not be related to the fracture. You need an immediate evaluation to see if there is a relationship or if this is something else. Since the symptom is on the same side as the fractures, depending whether they were close to or through the joint - they could be related. We always need to keep open other options.

Answered Nov 12, 2012

5.5k views