A member asked:

Hello my doctor told me i have scabies so i used the cream ge gave me but it didn't get rid of it because i have it in my hair and mouth please help i don't know what to do my hair is falling out and my teeth are starting to rot fast and my doctor just k

5 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Arnold Malerman answered

Specializes in Orthodontics

See a skin specialist, a Dermatologist, to eradicate your scabies or whatever skin pathology you may have. Once under control, you must then see a Dentist to treat your infected teeth/gums. The mites that cause scabies do NOT cause cavities. So you have 2 separate coincidental infections that both require treatment.

Answered Apr 5, 2017



Still have questions?

Get the best care from a doctor who knows you.

Book a Video Appointment
Sponsor Content
Dr. Paul Grin answered

Specializes in Pain Management

Make sure to see a dermatologist for second opinion and treatment.

Answered May 23, 2016



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor