Clayton, NC

why do i get numb? the first time i got numb on my mouth for drinking coffee. i told my doctor;she said probably i was allergic to caffeine. but i haven't drank coffee and i still get numb. i mostly feel numb on my head, mouth area.

Dr. Clarence Grim
Endocrinology 57 years experience
Mouth numb: The most common cause in someone your age would be hyperventilating-breathing too fast or deep. Usually when anxious. Paper bag rebreathing is test to see if it gets better. Ask your Dr about this and if it is OK to do paper bag rebreathing to see if that helps.