U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 25-year-old male asked:

What should i remove and add on my diet in order to make my hair grow back faster after having bald spots from alopecia areata?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. John Chiu
Allergy and Immunology 58 years experience
Wishful thinking: I don't believe there is any diet or supplement which would help your hair loss. Consult a dermatologist to see if there is something he can do to restore your hair loss and perhaps even finding the cause for it.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 11, 2022


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.