Mexico

Yesterday my head was repeatedly shook around vigorously by my hair and my neck is very sore, i am having trouble moving it. i rested last night and today, every time i stood up i felt lightheaded and have also felt nauseous. my head is also very sore too

Dr. Karen Butler
Ans: Well you have traumatized the neck. Hopefully the vertebra are fine but for sure the muscles have been strained and are stiff and sore. Try heating and the passive neck exercises. Now the injury to the brain is of concern. You would be best advised to be checked out by your doctor to be sure no injury to the brain
Neurology 53 years experience
Advise you: Am concerned about your neck, and this needs to be X-rayed, so, find a local doctor, get examined, tested, and treated. Hopefully this will involve only a short period of symptoms. If cause was abusive, would notify authorities.
Last updated May 20, 2016