gave ciprodex otic (ciprofloxacin and dexamethasone) ear drops to child & she claimed it got into her mouth (maybe draining from eustachian tube) did not see it get in mouth. harmful??

Dr. Franklyn Gergits
29 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Ciprodex in mouth: Greetings. The ciprodex could get into the mouth after applying to the ear canals if your child has a perforation in her ear/s or if she has PE tubes. The drops could travel down the Eustachian tubes into the back of the mouth and throat. Even if directly applied to the mouth, it is a very low dose and will not cause any harmful problems.
Answered on Nov 1, 2015
1