U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 28-year-old male asked:

Can anything be done about ringing in the ear?

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Yoav Hahn
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 61 years experience
There are options.: It all depends on what the reason for the ringing is. Tinnitus, or ringing, is very common. A hearing test should be performed to assess for any hearing loss, and there are medical treatments and devices that often can be helpful in the right situation. It also depends on whether the tinnitus is in one ear or both. An ENT professional should assess this.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

Similar questions

A 32-year-old member asked:

Is there anything i can do to stop ringing in the ear?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry 25 years experience
Tinnitus.: It would be important to see both an audiologist and an otolaryngologist to see if the cause can be detrmined and corrected. Depending on the cause, acupuncture might be helpful and could be discussed with your provider.
A male asked:

Anything that can help ringing in the ear, tininitis?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Philip Miller
A Verified Doctoranswered
Family Medicine 47 years experience
Exam: First and foremost have your ears checked for infection/wax. Next, avoid all aspirin and NSAIDS ( Advil. Aleve). You can try Benadryl (diphenhydramine) or Zyrtec OTC; however, your condition may require prescription medication.
Last updated Oct 24, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.