i have a cold. when i lay in bed the post nasal drip makes me cough. is the cough sensation from the drip seeping into my throat or into my lungs?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Matt Wachsman
Either or none: can also be JUST from the irritation of any part of the respiratory tract. This also includes all the ear and throat and sinuses. Singulair works throughout and is therefore uniquely good at the inflammation. Tessalon works mostly throughout and has symptomatic benefit.
Answered on Oct 30, 2015
Dr. Thomas Mcgowan
Specializes in Family Medicine
Post nasal drip: The cough is stemming from irritation in your throat. To relieve post nasal drip, options include decongestants, antihistamines and nasal steroid sprays to name a few.
Answered on May 30, 2016
1