U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 32-year-old female asked:

Me and my brother are now 34,28 years old. in last one year we are facing a problem of black spot on our face. gradually they are increasing. i meet a doctor,but he says that the cell damaged .iis there any treatment or medicine for this?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Julie Abbott
Preventive Medicine 46 years experience
Hyperpigmentation IS: caused by skin damage when the skin produces excess melanin, the darkening pigment. Sun exposure often contributes. Wearing sunscreen is a must; others endorse vitamin E, green tea, milk or aloe vera application or vitamin C supplements. Medically supervised treatments include hydroquinone, chemical peels, microdermabrasion, laser therapy. Work with your Dermatologist. Good wishes:)
Last updated Oct 30, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.