What does it mean if your creatinine level is too high 1.16 and your bun/creatinine ratio is very low at a 5?

Pathology 45 years experience
Why do you ask?: Labs mean nothing in the absence of a clinical history. You might be a vegan bodybuilder. When I was lifting weights every day, my creatinine ran 1.6-1.8. The fellow-pathologists with whom I've discussed it think that reports generated by labs are causing overdiagnosis of renal disease (it's subscience -- "there's an adjustment for race because black people are more muscular.")
Dr. Matt Wachsman
Depends: on many features but let us start with HOW abnormal it it is. Generally labs have normal creatinine values of 08. to 1.1. Yours is within 10% of normal. Variation of level based on race/gender/hydration are higher than this, so... not much importance.
Dr. Ajay Acharya
38 years experience
Normal: 1.16 is normal. Ratio low is judged in the context of a clinical situation.