Los Angeles, CA

Can bullying cause some sort of ptsd? it's been years and i still think about it, it makes me lose concentration in what i'm doing due to emotions

Dr. Carmen Barnes
Integrative Medicine 13 years experience
Bullying: Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that you have been bullied. Bullying can absolutely cause a PTSD reaction. Bullying is a major problem that has caused a lot of emotional duress for many people. Please remember that you are not alone! There are many resources that you can reach out to for this problem. I would encourage you to visit the following site: http://www.stopbullying.gov/get-help-now/
Dr. Leyla Brusatori
Clinical Psychology 12 years experience
Bullying: Depending on what you experienced when you were bullied, the effects can last long into adulthood. Your experiences may also change the way you approach situations, cause you to avoid stimuli that reminds you of the bullying, and change the structure of how you think about your functioning in life. If the symptoms cause the disruption you mentioned, seeing a psychologist will be helpful.

Last updated Apr 26, 2016