U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 24-year-old male asked:

My left ear has a ringing sensation.i hear heartbeat like sound. lub dub.i cleaned ear using earbud,no difference. i dont listen to loud music.advise?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Franklyn Gergits
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 30 years experience
Ear pulsing: Greetings. What you are describing is pulsatile tinnitus. This should be worked up by your ENT doctor. He/she may do an audiogram/tympanogram to assess your ear and eardrum as well as an imaging study. Good Luck

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Oct 16, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.