DC

If i have 40 day cyc & my doctor found follocule on day 12 of my cyc through ultrasound. do i ovulate on day 26 of my cycle or earlier being that a follicle was found that early or do i ovulate early?

Dr. Anne Phelan-adams
It would depend on: the size of the follicle and the level of hormones, specifically estrogen, FSH & LH. Ovulation won't occur until the follicle is at least 18 mm. Even then, a follicle might not release the egg, the egg might be defective or absent altogether. Please ask your doctor for more specific information. Best wishes! Dr. Anne.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Amy Bruner
Gynecology 29 years experience
Depends: It depends on the size of the follicle at the time your doctor found it on ultrasound. A follicle will usually be between 18 and 24 mm in size at the time of ovulation. Your period should arrive about 12-14 days after ovulation.
Last updated May 17, 2016