Harrodsburg, KY

i hurt my hand some time during the night it's not swollen but hurts to move it around the pink and shots pain down to my elbow ?

Dr. Julie Abbott
Preventive Medicine 45 years experience
Temporary strain: In all likelihood you slept with your hand/arm twisted or compressed some way in bed. This is very common; you may have compressed a nerve. If you have not experienced this before it can be surprising how long the discomfort can last once you are up and moving it into different positions. It should not last a day. If it does, or longer especially, see you doctor for evaluation. Good wishes:)

Last updated Oct 9, 2015