U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Foothill Ranch, CA
A 56-year-old female asked:

Can you go without drinking/swallowing the barium for upper gi? i get severely nauseous and vomit when eating/drinking thick drinks and can only eat few bites of food?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Olakitan Akinjagunla
Specializes in Internal Medicine
Treatment: You can be given medication to alleviate the symptoms so that you can prepare for the test. Good luck
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 5, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.