Spring, TX

was taken off trazodone 150 after almost a year. terrible anxiety, insomnia and depression has been made worse. is this withdrawals? been 3 weeks. she said was fine to go cold turkey. i have had worst depression ever since.

Dr. Anthony Fritz
See provider: Please talk with your health care provider about your symptoms to see if you need to be back on trazodone or be checked for something else.
Dr. Shirley Zelikovsky
Specializes in Family Medicine
Not a good idea: You are better off gradually tapering off this drug since you have been on it a while. Maybe get back on at a 50 mg dose every other night and see if you feel better.
Dr. Matthew Cahill
Probable withdrawal: Sorry you feel so terrible. Don't give up! There are plenty of good medications that can really CHANGE the feelings that you feel. Just remember they are not permanent- they will come and go (Just like they have come now to bother you) Eat well, sleep well, exercise daily, meditate. I suggest you restart the medication that worked- please talk to your doctor and I hope you feel much better soon.
Dr. Matthew Smith
Depression: Probably this is not "withdrawal" or a "discontinuation syndrome." This is more likely depressive symptoms emerging after having been partially treated by the trazodone. Discuss with your prescriber the possibility of more effective treatment for your depression.
Dr. Matthew Cahill
Agree -we don't really know if the symptoms were controlled with the prior med, or why it was stopped. If it wasn't working restarting doesn't make much sense!
Oct 6, 2015