U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Elgin, TX
A 38-year-old female asked:

A week ago, the vein on my knee cap burst & bruised. i put ice on it. now it's burning, has pain, & sudden onset bruising. what next?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Jeffery Dormu
Vascular Surgery 24 years experience
Ruptured Vein: You should see a Vascular Surgeon right away to have your circulation evaluated. Your Vascular Surgeon will help you to determine the cause of the ruptured vein and sudden onset bruising which could be the result of vascular disease. Vascular Surgeons specialize in the treatment and evaluation of your arteries, veins and lymphatic systems.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Nov 21, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.