Bronx, NY

I was diagnosed with scabies. i got my first treatment yesterday. my husband will be treated tonight. i'm wondering about my bed. i know to clean the blanket & pillows.that's easy.but what about my mattress?i have a bed bug cover on it.is it enough?

Dr. Christine Hom
Bedclothes: Washing the bedbug mattress casing in hot water and the other foldable bedding should be adequate.
Dr. Dean Giannone
Clean it all.: I generally recommend steam cleaning the mattress and any non-leather seating surfaces. Given that scabies was present, I'd take the extra measures to make sure it's gone.

Last updated Sep 22, 2015