Bronx, NY

Prescribed cream for scabies. told to use for one week. then when i go to use it again after a week, to also medicate my husband. isn't it better to medicate us at the same time? won't he just reinfect me?

Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology 57 years experience
CORRECT: Assuming you really have scabies, TREAT EVERYBODY IN THE HOUSE and any close contacts at the same time. "Told to use for 1 week"?????? Which cream,???? DETAILS MATTER. Permethrin? Use over entire skin from ears to toes. Do not wash off before 8 to 24 hours. USE ONCE, then repeat in 1 or 2 weeks. Everybody to be treated at same time, even if no itch.

Last updated Sep 22, 2015