Laurinburg, NC

i have a bite on my hand it has a red ring around it and has a blister in the center. it doesn't itch but kind of burns and stings if it's touched.

Dr. Carol Jacobs
Specializes in Pediatrics
Local reaction: When an insect bites you it leaves behind some of it's saliva or a toxin. Your body reacts at the site to respond to the injury by using chemicals that cause the redness and itching. Different types of bites have different appearances. Try mild soap/water and some 1% hydrocortisone. Have your MD check it this week if not improving in a few days. http://insectbitespictures.com/