posterior tibial tendon dysfunction - i have been doing physical therapy and taping my leg for this but it still hurts when pressure is put on my leg. should i have it in a walking boot for awhile to help it heal all the way. i don't have shooting pain a

2 doctor answers
Dr. David Lambarski
19 years experience Podiatry
Yes and no: Assuming your diagnosis is correct. The biggest question is if this is acute or chronic. Acute injury less than six weeks should be immobilized in the boot until pain subsides. If this is chronic problem greater than six weeks. I would recommend having an MRI before continuing physical therapy that causes pain.
Answered on Oct 24, 2015
1
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
27 years experience Podiatry
Have you had an MRI?: The MRI would help decipher if a tear is present in the tendon. A boot is certainly a good idea....if you we walking without a boot I'm assu Ming you had a brace or orthotic?
Answered on Sep 1, 2015
1