I fell 6weeks ago heard a pop in my ankle. i am still experiencing burning pain down the side of my leg and knee pain. i have been wearing a "air walking boot", could i have torn a ligament or tendon? i am still experiencing a lot of pain and still cann

Dr. Grace Torres-hodges
Podiatry 23 years experience
Yes, get it checked: With immobilization you should have been displaying signs of improvement. I would suggest having it examined and possibly having further diagnostic tests such as a ct, MRI or ultrasound to evaluate the soft tissue. Radiographs (x-rays) only highlight the bones and joints. Not only could you have a soft tissue injury but the burning you are feeling could be impingement of a nerve in the area.
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 28 years experience
Certainly: I would also make sure the walking boot is not too tight. If the boot is too tight you can be giving yourself a compression neuropathy - something that happens when patients are out into below knee casts.