should i be concerned about right sided pain in my low abdomen during early pregnancy. it can make me feel sick but i can work through the discomfort ?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Andrew Silverman
48 years experience Fertility Medicine
Pain in early preg: One sided pain is always of concern in a early pregnancy due a concern of an ectopic pregnancy. I suggest blood preg test, and pelvic sonogram.
Answered on Nov 28, 2017
Dr. James Marquardt
42 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
Yes: Until it has been established that your pregnancy is located inside your uterus, you may need to worry about an ectopic, or tubal pregnancy. At 6 weeks after the first day of your last period, an ultrasound should be able to establish whether the pregnancy is in the correct place or not
Answered on Jul 1, 2016