what affects would i have drinking 4-10 cups of coffee a day with solitary kidney? my mom shames me if i sleep because she says to focus on school.

Dr. Natalie Hodge
26 years experience Pediatrics
Shameful to sleep?: I am not sure if I understand this situation. You definitely need to sleep at least 8 hours a night, or you won't be able to learn anything whatsoever. So that is a starting point. You are 16 years old. The optimal amount of coffee for you is none. You can pull the all-nighters when you go to college. A cup in the morning is ok. Time management is key.
Answered on Aug 26, 2015