A member asked:

Im 23yr female. ive hypothyroid symptoms, but my t3, (liothyronine)t4,tsh test results came out normal. what thyroid tests should i take to test thyroid antibodies?

4 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Al Hegab answered

Specializes in Allergy and Immunology

Antithyroid abs: Antithyroid anti bodies, the two main are: antithyroglobulin antibodies and anti TPO antibodies, but I would rather run those tests by the endocrinologist looking after you, and you would better have one if you haven't seen one already, take care

Answered 8/25/2015


Dr. Randy Baker answered

Specializes in Holistic Medicine

Thyroid Ab's and...: Many people who are clinically hypothyroid have normal tests as what is normal is debatable. Many believe any TSH above 3 is too high, some even above 2. Check anti-thyroglobulin and TPO antibodies but also test Free T3 (liothyronine) and Reverse T3 (liothyronine). See http://tinyurl.com/koyamo5 and http://tinyurl.com/nrww2qg and http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/tsh-why-its-useless/

Answered 11/13/2016



Related Questions