New York, NY

if i am currently shaving with a de ( safety razor) (new to me), and i swiitch to a shavette (highly specialized feather ss), will i cause thinning of the skin? note: i lost 80lb as a teen. i am in my twenties - very fit. i am getting a tt -- skin

Dr. Daniel Saurborn
Diagnostic Radiology 23 years experience
No difference : Your skin cannot be "thinned" by shaving. A razor glides over the surface of the skin. The MOST that is can do is remove the rough dead surface of keratin protein, but this is beneficial as it leaves a fresh surface and can unclog pores. Remember to use a light non-comedogenic moisturizer with sunscreen and drink plenty of water for healthy skin.
Dr. Natalie Hodge
Razors thin skin?: I am not familiar with the specifics of these shavers. However, no shaver will thin the skin.

Last updated Aug 26, 2015