Hampshire, IL

I was stung by a wasp 2 days ago and my arm is still swollen and hot. i've been taking benadryl (diphenhydramine) but my arm is still swollen. what else should i do?

Dr. John Chiu
Allergy and Immunology 58 years experience
Time: but you may try NSAID +/- an antihistamine. I expect the swelling will resolve in the next 3-4 days. If it is intolerable, talk to your doctor about a short course of prednisone. But if it is just swelling without pain, just give it time.
Dr. Luis Taylor
Pulmonology 40 years experience
After a bee sting: a secondary bacterial infection may occur. Swelling and heat are signs of infection. Please consult the ER or Urgent care ASAP. You may need antibiotic therapy. Best wishes.

Last updated Aug 12, 2018