Im on doxycycline for a bacteria infection and they gave me a shot in my side and a one of the pills three days before i got my perscribtion and im the nuva ring well the 6th i started bleeding and haven't stopped bleeding is it normal for the medication

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers

No: Doxycycline should not cause uterine (vaginal) bleeding. I don't know of any antibiotics offhand that do. In the event of a vaginal or sexually transmitted infection, a Nuvaring would generally be removed and not replaced until the infection has cleared. In this situation, irregular bleeding would be possible but shouldn't be heavier than a typical period.

Answered 8/16/2015

2.4k views

Pregnancy test: if your pregnancy test is negative then give the nuva ring a few more days to see if bleeding stops. ifit doesn't you may need some supplemental estrogen to get the bleeding to stop. consider seeing a gynecologist in 4-5 days if bleeding doesn't stop. some people will have irregular bleeding with nuva ring but it is unlikely

Answered 11/15/2016

2.4k views