IL

I woke up with my lower eye lid being swollen what can i do to get rid of it?

Dr. Steven Steinschriber
Ophthalmology 38 years experience
Ice Packs: Try ice packs. I have no idea why it is swollen. Is there pain associated with it? It is probably from a position that you were sleeping in with pressure against the lid. Also make sure you didn't get bitten by an insect which could cause the swollen lid. As long as your vision is okay, try the cold compress for awhile. If no improvement in next 24 hours I recommend a professional eye doctor
Dr. John Chiu
Allergy and Immunology 58 years experience
Depends: What helps it would depend on the cause. Usually antihistamne would be the 1st drug to try. However if problem persists, you will need to see your doctor.