U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 27-year-old female asked:

I went to urgent care four days ago with major breathing problems i'm 27 yrs old i've been smoking cigarettes since i was 13 for more than two years a i've been smoking a pack or more a day ...my chest still burns even though they gave me medicine to help

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Bennett Werner
Cardiology 45 years experience
Question?: You don't need me (or anyone else) to tell you what to do to get better. You all ready know. Whether you use hypnosis, yoga, transcendental meditation, behavior mod, gum, patches, pills or whatever - do something now and try to reclaim the 50 years you're robbing from yourself. Good luck ! (ps: only you can do it.)
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Aug 10, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.