U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A female asked:

Hello doc, my wife's gynae has just told her that she is havong pcos syndrome. .her ovary is enlarged.. pls guide is there a treatment for this? thanx

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Mary David
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Yes: If this is PCOS, there are medicines that can be used to treat it. Even things as simple as diet, exercise, and weight loss can help. However, one enlarged ovary doesn't necessarily mean PCOS. Many things can cause one ovary to enlarge. PCOS is an endocrine disorder and involves much more than enlarged ovaries. In many cases of PCOS the ovaries are normal size. Hope this helps.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Aug 8, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.