U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
United Kingdom
A member asked:

Hi it's been over 8 weeks since my loss. i have had no intercourse however i am showing a positive pregnancy test and still have no period.

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. John Feola
Internal Medicine 33 years experience
ELEVATED BHCG S/P SAB: Have prompt follow up with OB. You may have retained products of conception. They need to do a pelvic US and follow the BHCG. You may need a D/C. Get Prompt OB follow up. If the BHCG remains elevated you may need a D&C to prevent a Molar Pregnancy.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Aug 5, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.